Mixed emotions

Saturday, December 21, 2013

This photo contains joy, thankfulness, and a prayerful investment. 


                        

Yes, we bought a dryer! And a new one. I couldn't believe it myself. We rarely buy anything new. Pretty much everything in our home is used or given to us, and that which was given was also used though sometimes new. Our kids have a mixture of new and used items almost all given to us. I don't know why, but there is a sense of guilt that accompanies this wonderful joyful purchase. One we prayed about and had peace about, we got a very good deal too. Really the only reason we even got a dryer was because hang drying the laundry in our house was literally making our walls wet to the touch.. To where my hand was shiny wet and we used a blow dryer to dry the walls. Thankfully only the corners not the whole room. Our old apartment has terrible insulation, and we have the whole winter ahead of us... We knew we couldn't keep hang drying inside while avoiding mold. That's how we got here... Now you know. :) I hope everyone can read this and thank God as much as me, I don't feel worthy to have a nice new dryer to myself, but I know God provided us the money for it, and we do our very bestest to be good stewards. May The Lord give our dryer many many years without problems. Did I say how we prayed over it before its first use? We did. And I know I will continue to thank God for it just like I do for all we have.. Isn't it all from Him? Every good and perfect gift.. It's all from Him. The used and the new. He has a way if providing for us right at the last moment... Like literally. One time I was sad cause I hadn't gotten around to buying a large skillet. I only had one small one that was given to us.. And it could only fit one piece of chicken at a time, which was fine cause Aaron is patient and flexible but JP was coming. And I knew one small skillet wasn't gonna cut it for feeding two Snyder men over the course of 3 weeks. But it was too late, stores are closed Sundays, and he was coming that night. I went to church that morning and sweet Erna had brought me a huge box filled with kitchen stuff cause she knew we'd moved into our new apartment with only our 4 suitcases and not much else just a few months before. And she thought we could use some stuff for our kitchen... Lo and behold, a HUGE brand new skillet, which I use now almost everyday! Just in time for JPs arrival! :) now it's just a "small" thing, but I could write many more stories of how our loving God provides for everything we need, as we need it. We didn't need a dryer when we moved in, or over summer, but this week. This week we needed one, and this week He provided us one! Thank you Lord Jesus for you grace and abundant provision. Praise be to Him for ever and ever. Amen. And thank you also every one of you who supports us on mission through prayer and financial giving. Thanks for joining us in Gods mission. 

With joy filled and thankful hearts,

Merry Christmas!

keep Christ in CHRISTmas,
The Snyders


 

You Might Also Like

0 comments