More than Mommies

Saturday, January 04, 2014

I don't know how many times I have felt the sense that I am "just" a mom...
that staying at home with my children is not a valuable job
that the daily
cooking 
cleaning
shopping
teaching 
training
disciplining
playing
cuddling
loving
etc.

aren't very valuable

but then, I remember. I remember that all those things are so very important.
so very important because i am called by God to be this mommy, to these precious little ones.
I am priveledged to cook them homemade foods.
It isn't a burden to clean up after all the fun we've had or yummies we've baked.
I am thankful we have resources to buy without fret; that the Lord always provides for our needs.
It is amazing that I am left responsible to teach these young ones. To teach them to love God and others. 
To teach them God's Word. 
To train them in the way they should go... that's my job! my calling!
Being faithful to discipline and correct these children, to help them see their sin. 
To show them forgiveness when they do wrong. To point them to Jesus.
I get to play with them, as part of my job! Help them have fun and be creative= awesome.
And cuddling, that's a fringe benefit for sure. To be there for the tender moments,
 I can't imagine missing that!
And loving, this can be so ridiculously easy but sometimes it can be a challenge. 
and when it's challenging, that's where the growth happens.
when I choose to love.
when I don't react but respond with love.
I am thankful to have a GREAT GOD helping me in this calling,
because it is BIG. much bigger than I.

we are called to make disciples.
let's start in our own homes. 

There will be a mommy's playgroup beginning next week;
this is my hope, that they also would know that being a mom is so much more than what it can seem to be.
it's a calling from God, and not all are called to be a mommy.
And if you have been called to be a mommy then be faithful to that which you have been called.

So,
cook
clean
shop
teach
train
discipline
play
cuddle
love
as best as you can!

because it is valuable
and YOU are called to be their mommy.
:)

You Might Also Like

0 comments