Visas in Hand for a white Resurrection Sunday!!

Monday, April 01, 2013

Thanks everybody for your prayers and to the glory of God I would like to announce that we now have three shiny new residency permits with a worker's permit for the church!  Hooha!
Besides that we just got back from an awesome week at Hamburg.  We were hoping for some rest there but God had better things in store.

Last Wendsday I gave my first devotion in German.  It seemed to go pretty well.  So well in fact that I've been put on the schedule to preach in German in the main service on May 26th.  Oh boy!

Next Sunday I will formally be brought before the church to join staff.  Thus far I have primarily been undertaking smaller tasks such as preparing and operating the music and slides for the worship sessions.  But now it seems that God is leading us to start some sort of an English service in the church.  Currently there are no English Bible Studies or worship services that I know of in the area (70,000 people in the city).  Yet with a high influx of international workers for the Hella Corperation and the doubling effect of the University Construction soon to be completed in addition to the ever present demand for English training in Europe and around the world it seems that God may have led us here for such an opportunity such as this.  Of course my goal is still as always to raise up indigious (German) workers here - especially to focus on discipling the youth to do such things.  However if I can use my native language to attract and train highly educated and influential international workers then I cannot in light of 2 Timothy 2:2 turn down such a great opportunity.  Please pray for us about the when, where and how of this ministry.

Besides that we will be enjoying our white Easter Monday with some deer leftovers and good chocolates :).  There are also a few more weighty matters about how God has been fixing me which I would like to discuss but I'll save that for the next entry.

Grace and Peace to all those in the one Lord and Savior of all - the resurrected messiah Jesus,

Aaron

You Might Also Like

1 comments