Don't Wish Your Children Away

Thursday, October 29, 2015


I wish it was naptime already.
I wish I could sleep longer.
I wish they didn't make so many messes.
I wish, I wish, I wish _______________.


Yesterday as I was doing the dishes which seem to never end God spoke to my heart.
He asked me, "Why are you wishing away your children?"
I thought, what?! I would never do that!!! 
But that's exactly what I was doing with my thoughts.
It was then I really realized how wonderful and blessed it is to just be content in our situation.
Just as Paul wrote in the letter to the Philippians,
 that he'd learned to be content in plenty and lack.

So I also can be content in all seasons.
With toddlers or teenagers.
With an apartment or a house.
With 1 child, 2 children, 3 children, or more.
With family nearby or far away.
With much sleep or with little. 
With a clean house or a messy one. 

I truly believe the Lord wants us to be content despite our situations.
"Godliness with contentment is great gain" 
No matter our circumstances God is using all these things to change our hearts.

Today, instead of wishing for something you can't have or something you can't change,
try thanking God for that which you do have.

I know the day will come all too fast when I am wishing my babies were small again, 
when I will miss all their messes, and I will miss all the work I once grumbled against. 

I choose today and every day to be thankful that God has found me to be enough to raise
up these wonderful and precious little ones. He is my strength and my portion. He is enough.

I wish I would have learned this sooner, but better late than never they always say. 


My Legacy 











You Might Also Like

0 comments