Taming the Tongue

Sunday, June 01, 2014

Something The Lord has been teaching me lately is the power of our words.
They can build up or tear down,
They reveal the things of our heart,
They cannot be unspoken. 

My biggest problem isn't usually what I say, but how I say it.
I have disrespected, belittled, insulted, and hurt my husband,
family, those close to me, by poor tone of voice.
Whether from anger, irritation, or sarcasm it has happened.
I am so saddened by this but so thankful The Lord has been helping me.
My goal as a mom lately has been to "teach kindness with my tongue" and learning that
"The anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God" 

I was so convicted and thankful when God revealed to me 
that my getting upset or angry isn't going to help any situation.
Anger isn't going to inspire my daughter to obey me, it will make her afraid.
Anger won't teach kindness, it doesn't inspire love, and it's not a fruit of the Spirit.
But kindness is.
Kindness is a fruit of the Spirit, a gift from God.
I am choosing to be kind and patient.
To teach with kindness. 
To correct with kindness and understanding.
I hope that sharing this struggle and revelation is encouraging to somebody out there.
Lets be kind to one another, long suffering, and loving. 
Give grace not opinions. Build up. 
And if you notice things coming from you you don't like, talk to God,
He's the only one who can change our hearts. 

Love, Amy 




You Might Also Like

0 comments